Gazebos are a great way of creating outdoor rooms and thus extending your living space. The most obvious reason for installing a gazebo in your backyard is to provide shelter from the elements. Some are open on all sides with only pillars supporting the roof but you can also opt for the ones with curtains for added privacy or a net for keeping the bugs out. Picking out the Best Hardtop Gazebo can be a tricky process with lots to consider from. We’ve therefore taken time to review some of the best hardtop gazebos and best gazebos for high winds.
Table of Contents
Best Hardtop Gazebo Reviews 2018
1. 10 x 12 Chatham Steel Hardtop Gazebo
If you need a gazebo that is spacious, you should consider the Chatham Steel Hardtop Gazebo. It has a 10’ x 12’ interior, a heavy-duty aluminum frame design, and durable steel roof.
You won’t have to worry about mosquitos as It comes with bug netting. The gazebo is properly vented as it has double tired vented roof design to reduce trapped heat. This allows you to use a propane heater and BBQ.
It can withstand even powerful wind and does an incredible job keeping the sun off. However, we recommend that you put 4”x4” posts inside the legs to give it more weight, and anchored it into our concrete patio. This gazebo has a center hook for fans and lights. It will take two people about 6 hours to put together
- Comes with a double track system for mounting both mosquito net and curtains.
- Has a center hook for fans and lights
- Heavy-duty steel roof that can withstand powerful wind, snow, and rain.
- Netting is awesome
- May take time to assemble, a little intimidating at the beginning
- No gutters to stop rain from dripping off the roof.
2. Sojag Messina Hard Top Sun Shelter
The Sojag Messina Hard Top Sun Shelter is a spacious gazebo with a 12′ by 16′ covered area and a high ceiling tall enough to accommodate a BBQ grill and fire pit. The two-tiered vented steel roof configuration helps to drive the smoke right out.
The roof is completely waterproof and comes with a small gutter that drains rainwater down one of the legs. It features a year-round roof, charcoal colored rustproof aluminum frame. The roof does not have to be removed in winter. But you should try to remove the snow regularly.
This gazebo also comes with nylon mosquito netting and if you need to hang a fan, there are 3 metal loops to hang a regular fan in the ceiling.
How long does it take to assemble? – You can expect to spend around 9 – 12 hours with two people.
- Very sturdy, curtains are heavy duty material and zippers.
- You can put a ceiling fan
- The 12 by 16-foot build allows for quite the spacious layout
- Setup can be time-consuming
3. Sunjoy Galvanized Steel Hardtop Gazebo
Top on our list of the best budget hardtop gazebo is the Sunjoy Galvanized Steel Hardtop Gazebo- a standard 10’ x 12’ gazebo.
Comes with nylon mosquito net. Privacy curtains are sold separately.
- Classic two-tiered roof design that lets cool air in and expels summer heat.
- Quick to set up
- Materials are not the same quality as the more expensive units
- Thin steel roof panels which can be damaged during heavy winds and storm.
- Does not come with hanging rods to hand bug netting and privacy curtains.
Where To Buy The Best Rated Hardtop Gazebos
Best Gazebo for High Winds
One of the best gazebos for windy areas is the STC Madrid Gazebo has 130 square feet of outdoor living space. Comes with ground stakes and can be bolted to concrete or a wooden deck. Each of the legs has 3 holes at the base which keeps wit firm during wind storms. It is weather resistant and designed for year-round use. It also features sunlight filtering, darkly tinted roof with wind vent. Does not come with screen, which you have to purchase separately. Although it can be assembled by one person we recommend two people. It should take about 6 hours.
- The gazebo can withstand, rain, sun, and wind.
- Easy to assemble with some help
- Instruction pretty easy to follow.
- There may be leaking when it rains.
Conclusion – How To Buy The Best Gazebo in 2018
More than the fact that hard top gazebos functionality they also give glamour to your home. They protect your home from UV rays as well as give you enough space to entertain your guests. Hardtop gazebos are a great addition to your outdoor space; you can choose different shapes and designs that compliment your home. So you want to buy the best hardtop gazebo? Before making the final purchase decision ask yourself the following questions :
- How big?
- For what purpose?
- Should it be resistant to the elements?
- What color and design?
- What’s the warranty like?
- Do I need a vented roof?
- Do I need mosquito netting?
Shop Related Products – Camping Gazebo
Read : Camping Screen Houses