A fire pit in the backyard is the best compliment to an outdoor dinner party with allies and it is also a great source of heat for a person and his family to relax and have a good time during the season of cold. Yes, I know you may have decided that you want to set up a fire pit – you may not have the idea where to start. This shouldn’t give you a headache. Below is a complete guideline which will help you in setting a conducive and a simple backyard fire pit which you can build with rocks.
There are five things which you need to put into considerations before you can start building your backyard fire pit with rocks.
Table of Contents
5 Tips On How To Build A Backyard Fire Pit With Rocks
1. First, lay out some of your pavers to form a rough circle in the required shape and size of your backyard fire pit. Fire pits always need to be about 37 to 45inches in diameter[use a tape measure to do this]. That is if the surrounding is made of pavers.
2. After you got your circle, now dig a 12-inches deep hole
3. Put sand into the deep of the hole and then tamp the sand level.
4. You can now start to lay your wall rocks around the circumference of the hole. Continue stacking the rocks upwardly so that they are 12 inches above the surrounding ground.
5. Pour a layer of sand into the ring of stones so that it covers the first layer, approximately 4 inches deep.
Here Are Some Things To Consider Before You Begin
Check for Rules and regulations
Most communities have rules and regulations concerning the issue setting up fire pits. There may be certain restrictions in your areas so first check with the local authorities, for example, the city authorities or police.
It is very important to plan strategically where your backyard fire pit will be located. The fire pit ought to be at least ten feet far away from the house and also put an allowance of about a six-foot diameter for visitors to sit with total safety around the fire pit. Also, put into sincere consideration the fire pit’s orientation with respect to the blowing wind. Because no one will be comfortable to enjoy the irritating smokes of the heat in their face if the wind is sending smoke towards them.
Set on Safe-fire Surfaces
The rocks which one ought to use in building the backyard fire pit needs to be dry. They should not be river rocks which contain water because if they catch fire they can explode. This measure is just to ensure safety and avoids fire accidents.
Old traditional Fires
In the case of fire pits which need wood to be burnt, put on your fire the old-fashioned way. That is by using a piece of newspaper or any paper and kindling. Do not use flammable liquids such as petroleum because they pollute the environment by sending off harmful toxins resulting in health problems.
You will be required to maintain your backyard fire pit properly as you keep of using it most. For the case of the backyard fire pit build with rocks, ensure there is a provision of a secure drainage system which will help in keeping your fire pit dry to avoid accidents.
Some Tools And Materials You Need
- Dry rocks
- Tape measure
And there you have your backyard fire pit made of rocks. Now you can start enjoying…